I love my mama more than anything, but shopping for her?... miserable. She never buys anything for herself and always insists on no gifts. I refuse to accept that! I have to get her gifts for Mother's Day that she secretly wants but won't buy for herself. So if you hit a wall when trying to figure out what to get that wonderful lady you call "Mom," here are my ideas for this year -- all without breaking the bank, mind you.
1) Thyme and olive leaf candle - candle lit bubble baths are a weekly tradition for my mom, so a unique smelling candle would definitely make her smile.
2) Scarf sweater - something so basic and necessary is one of those must-have items that my mom wouldn't buy for herself. I have a few of them in different lengths and wear them all. the. time.
3) Iron cast garlic roaster - garlic? yum. roasted? yum. super cutely shaped pan specifically designed for the ONE purpose of roasting garlic? AWESOME. Very superfluous but oh so fun.
4) Sodastream soda maker - my grandmother is from Europe so seltzer water has been my mom's preference to still water since she was a little girl. She goes through club soda like crazy. I purchased a Sodastream for my boyfriend 2 years ago and it is amazing!
5) Les Miserables - this is my favorite musical and my love for it started from my mom listening to the Broadway soundtrack while cleaning the house when I was a little girl. She hasn't seen the new movie yet (which is amazing by the by) and I know she would love this!
What are your Mother's Day gift ideas? I'd love to hear!
xo Happy Tuesday! xo